Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Flowers and the virus


The weather is definitely getting spring-like. Mr L was inspired to put the slabs back under the garden bench which used to sit in front of the hedge which we got removed last autumn. I feel rather guilty about removing the hedge, which probably supported lots of insects and thus birds, but on the other hand we allowed it to remain for over 30 years and I'm now enjoying the extra space in the garden. We have lots of other insects on other plants. Not to say slugs and snails - come and eat them, birds. The new fence looks a bit bald just now, but I'll plant things against it. 


My amaryllis is flowering rather spectacularly. Every year I think I'll split it up because it's horribly overcrowded in the pot and then every year, after it stops flowering, I don't bother. However, what's my excuse this year? Mind you, does it need splitting up? It could hardly be more floriferous.

And in Saughton Park, the heathers and hellebores are going their dingers too.

But, if one thinks about things too much, life is rather drear. The trick is probably not to think. I had my (Zoom) book group last night, and one of my friends has both of her children in Australia - permanently - and now her husband has developed cancer. So obviously her life is drearer - as are many people's, of course. This does make me feel that I ought to be appreciating my comparative luck. Which I do. But there are considerable improvements that could still be made, thanks, world. 

Still, things are gradually loosening - Big Grandson goes back to school on Monday and we're about to be allowed to meet up in fours outside. So... there's some hope. 


 

4 comments:

  1. The weather and the pandemic are improving, so those are positives. I love the color of that amaryllis. Gorgeous just as it is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where there's tea, there's hope, and joy in floriferous things x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your amaryllis is simply DIVINE! I thought mine were good this year when I got 4 blooms to a stem. Thankfully, the 3 stems took turns blooming, so I had a display for the whole month of February. But mine are a simple red. I love the two tones of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My name is Davies, I was in love with my wife and we were married for eight years with a son his is Liam,I loved my wife so much she had access to all my bank account and even my cash app which my accountant agreed to and said it was a great idea, then it took my wife and my accountant two month to get hold of all my properties,all accounts but I had a cash app which they knew nothing about,I was thrown out of my own house was sleeping in a hotel for weeks she also took possession of my son could only see him once a week then I found out she was in love with my accountant all these while so I went online and I came across a private investigator who help me get all my properties and my accounts back even my company back how he did these I don’t know but I gave all the information he asked for and followed all his instructions and now I’m happy my life’s better now.
    Thanks to premiumhackservices@gmail.com
    Text (407) 777-4240
    I just said I should share my own story here
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete