Saturday, September 03, 2022

Roads taken

Yes, Anna, we did lead our walk along the shore one Saturday in the middle of August. Can't now remember what the visitors were doing, but we had a few hours off. 


It's a lovely walk, through woods


and fields



before getting to the water. 


Daughter 2 and her husband and little one are safely home, though their grass needs cutting after a month away! 

Today we went for another 6 miles with the group, up one of our city hills and round and down. 


It was another lovely day out. We're so lucky to have these friends; the miles speed past as we natter. My sore leg, fortunately, doesn't seem to get much sorer after six miles than it is just pottering around the house. This is just as well, since there's a long wait for hip replacement surgery. 


There's north Edinburgh in the distance, with the distinctive shape of Arthur's Seat. 


We ended up walking through a park where there was a (plastic) duck race for charity. 


Last night I was browsing the internet, as you do, and found a website with lots of photos of pupils and staff dating from my days of teaching at a particular school. And I found myself in about 1974. I'm in the gym, holding a table tennis bat - no idea why. I was convinced in those days that I was a bit fat. Sadly, I am now fatter. I still have the beads, though, and I'm happy to report that they still fit fine. 

2 comments:

  1. I loved walking around in Scotland--so much to see and admire, plus lovely cool weather. Old photos are so interesting with their contrast of how we saw ourselves then and our opinions now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so funny! It's so fun to see your beautiful younger self! Happy to hear that you led your walk AND that your beads still fit. Isn't it funny how we thought we were so fat when we were young? Oh, to be that fat again! And Oh, to be on your walks with you. You must live in the walking capital of the world -- I don't think one could complete all the Scottish walks in a lifetime! Hoping your hip continues to hold out -- TheManoftheHouse is having his first shoulder replaced on Wednesday - we don't have long waits - luckily, as he was scheduled 2 weeks ago and we had to delay, so we were happy that they could re-schedule on such short notice.

    ReplyDelete