Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Some of the things that happened before the wedding

A few days before the wedding, there was a working party to assist with preparations. He whom I must now call Son-in-Law 1 lent his services to the operation.



Daughter 2 and Son-in-Law-2-to-be made place cards with photos of the guests on the front (and their names on the back) and, attached to these, a badge with a fun fact about them. This was extremely time-consuming. But quite amusing.




Here are, therefore, some of the guests' pictures.



On the morning of the wedding, a bridesmaid's chap makes toast.

His bridesmaid lady friend makes the bridesmaids' bouquets. To put herself in the mood, she wears Daughter 1's wedding tiara.


Now they make the bride's bouquet, while the bride, still in her pyjamas, achieves elegance by wearing her own tiara-type-thing.



Done. Well, apart from the ribbons to be wound round them, which we forgot about till the wedding car was sitting in the street. There was then a bit of an unseemly rush.


Son is subjected to a tiara. The flowers still in the buckets are for buttonholes.


To be continued. When I get a moment. My moments are currently rather full.


















13 comments:

  1. What a joyous time! And a lot of work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tiaras in pyjamas and Tiaras with kilts.......certainly Joyous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the man in the kilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A KILT! A Man (even if it's Son who must seem to be a boy) in a Kilt!!!! Surely a portent of things to come LOL.

    Oh, how I wish I could have been there. I LOVE all that preparation stuff. Especially the "unseemly rush". That's all the fun of it -- not at the time, but the "unseemly rush" is the stuff stories are made of. I love the idea with the pictures -- what a wonderful way to make the guests all feel so special!

    It looks like you all had so much fun! I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for the next installment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like great fun and lots of work.

    Love the son in the kilt. My mister was a pageboy at one of his brothers' weddings once, and was made to wear a kilt. He never forgave him. (Thirteen year old boys not being known for their willingness to wear kilts).

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the tiara, and how it keeps popping up on different heads.....even sharing the limelight with a kilt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How lovely. You must have had a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A do it yourself wedding. Although, I ponder, what other sort can there possibly be?
    It looks as though it was a fabulous day and most joyful.
    Need phptos of mother of bride, though.....you can slip in one or two of the bride and groom as well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do love a man in a kilt!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such wonderful creations of flowers and cards and such joy amongst friends.

    You must be shattered Mrs Life!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, you lot are way more organized than we were. Granted, I was not married in my home town, and my parents were focused on wrangling foreign relatives. We tried to give a boutonnière to every family member who attended, 36 in all, I think we had about a dozen that never got pinned to a person!

    I look forward to hearing about the other personal touches, I love how creative people get to make their day really theirs.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Auntia and i are both SQUEALING - we love us some men in kilts (notwithstanding the tiara), lemmetellya!

    ReplyDelete
  13. My impression to a wedding lead-up is that there's lots of very stressful running around, so I do like your family's version of working together whilst wearing tiaras. It makes the whole thing look lovely and fun.

    ReplyDelete