Monday, September 12, 2011

The unsatisfactoriness of some aspects of life

This is the garden last year. See all that yellow coreopsis in the big flowerbed? It was spreading and choking all around it, so in the autumn, with great toil, I dug every bit of it out.



And this is it this year. Hmm. I think I must have missed a bit.




Nothing really to say except it's hard to forget that September day, 10 years ago yesterday. We remember it as a family because Daughter 2 was in the air while the hijackings were taking place. Fortunately she was on her way to Sweden. So many others were not so fortunate.




I wonder what the chances are that this is being read by the person who kicked off Son's young lady's wing mirrors from her parked car some time overnight on Saturday? No, I don't think so either. I wonder what satisfaction it gave this person. She's a hardworking young doctor who has to drive 30 miles to the hospital she's working at just now. Hard to fathom.


Lots of things are hard to fathom, aren't they?




11 comments:

  1. I think you blogpost title would make an ideal one for a poem! And flowers are flowers, and lovely anyway...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your last sentence speaks volumes, Isabelle. The little things are irritating and the big ones boggle the mind. Flowers that spring forth are always welcome... well, some more than others, but you know what I mean.
    Btw, I blogged about a mystery in your fair city today... I'd love it if you would let me know if you see or hear any 'new news'.

    ReplyDelete
  3. At the weekend a car fitted out for a charity car bash was deliberately burnt out, as well as the car and its fittings much of the charity takings were lost. We wonder about the mindset of some people. Your flowers are very pretty, even if they are weeds!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you just cultivated them nicely...gave them more room to spreed around!
    I have that problem with wind ( Japanese ) anemones.

    Useless, willfull destruction is never easy to understand - they probably didn't have a reason - but were just bored and lay about. They don't know about being responsible for their own actions.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, many things are hard to fathom. Lots of them, we just can't do anything about either. Those flowers love you Ms. Isabelle -- just like we do!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep. They are everywhere - people (not just kids either) who have no respect for anyone else, or anyone else's property. What do you think of somebody who knocks on a door, pretending to be a Census collector, and robs the house instead?

    ReplyDelete
  7. All my flowers have now been eaten by snails and slugs. Very upsetting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A year or two ago, I "liberated" all the Siberian purple irises from my herb garden and re-installed them at the edge of my lawn by the hedge.

    From my front door today, you almost can't see my rue and sage due to the Siberian iris leaves blocking the view. You know, the irises I removed... yeah, those. 8-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, and btw Isabelle, I've forgotten to tell you that I'm very much looking forward to upcoming photos of Men in Kilts ;-D!!! Have a WONDERFUL weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The flowers that spring in the bloom, tra la!
    Several years ago nearly all the cars parked in my street and the adjoining streets had their side mirrors smashed and broken off. Hundreds of dollars of damage caused and immense inconvenience. It cost me $500 and my daughter had both hers destroyed. We did a lot of seething and raging.
    My pest plant is the red and green alstroemeria. I pull handfuls and handfuls of it out each year, but it obviously thrives on destructive gardening. I just love the flowers, though.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ditto to Thimbleanna's comment! Hope you're having a great day!

    ReplyDelete