Sunday, April 15, 2012

Daughter 2 http://allchangeb.blogspot.com/ has been home for a flying visit - for a wedding somewhat north of here, so we didn't see enough of her. However, she reacquainted herself with the cats. Here, Sirius has a good look at her.
She also reacquainted herself with her nephew.
They played with the blanket cat among other things. Grandson is very small and doesn't move around yet but somehow the room becomes very untidy when he's here.
After a while he got tired and had a cuddle with his aunt. He didn't go to sleep, though.
Mr Life is having a long weekend in Wales, communing with narrow gauge railways. The cats are very fed up at not being able to drape themselves over him as he watches tv on the sofa. I can't watch tv on the sofa because I neglected to get a lesson on how the tv works. Sirius was so bored last evening that he put himself to bed in the kitchen long before bed time.
.
Thank you for all the early memories. Fascinating.
.
It's going to be a bit of a week as we continue to clear Mum's flat, among various other complications. She keeps telling me that I haven't told her about all sorts of things that I have indeed told her about. This is somewhat trying, since she is usually reproachful about this non-telling. Can you hear the sound of grinding teeth?

5 comments:

  1. You made me laugh with needing a television lesson! Now that our nights are getting colder, our kitty is sometimes to be found sitting with his paws tucked neatly under him on our bed, waiting for us to join him so he can curl up properly. Funny, their little habits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Television is low on my list of priorities, mainly because there are other things I'd rather be doing, but partly, if I'm totally honest, because of all the gadgetry involved and the need for a PHD in button pushing. The Resident Cat hereabouts is completely bored with my company and lives for Bean weekends!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a champion teeth grinder, I know exactly how you feel. Hope Mr Life enjoyed the trains.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My dear husband repeatedly claims not to have been told things that (a)I have definitely told him and (b)are clearly written on the family calendar on the kitchen wall. And he does not have the excuse of your mother's slightly more advanced years or current domestic upheaval!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do so recognise your frustration over the wide-eyed disbelief about having EVER been told ANYTHING about that . The fact that THAT is usually something not terribly welcome , doesn't make it any less frustrating !

    ReplyDelete