Friday, May 15, 2020

Lockdown week 8 - Friday. Another week nearly finished.


This morning I got this lovely letter, written by... well, I imagine, edited together by her mum ... and illustrated... well, scribbled on... by Littlest Granddaughter. "Hello Granny, I postin' to you. Dis a letter - just a little one. Not a big one - a tiny one. I put it in da postbox. I lub you, [signed] xxx." It was very heartwarming and cheered me up.


I can't now remember whether I recorded this - and can't find the post in which I did (possibly because it doesn't exist) - but anyway, a few weeks ago we got a grocery delivery including five bunches of bananas, each containing five bananas. It was our own fault - we'd meant to order five bananas in total. Anyway, we don't usually put bananas in the fridge but did on this occasion, and by dint of using ten of them in banana loaves and eating lots of them at meal times, we're now down to our last bunch. They don't look very appetising but they're fine inside. So that's good.


We moved to this house thirty-one years ago and there was this rather ugly little wall at the front of the garden. Over the years, various people (mentioning no names, but not me) have scraped this wall as they backed out of the driveway (you have to do a little wiggle just as you get to the road, which makes it trickier), so the day before yesterday I suddenly decided that this was the time to slice a bit off the wall. And chaps came today to do it. And since nothing else is happening, I took a photo of the event.


It made a lot of dust (hence the water from the hose to try to get rid of some of it) but the wall is now a good, oh, nine inches narrower.


This much. Hence the drive is nine inches wider, offering more of a sporting chance to the driver. And this spurred Mr L on to paint the ugly wall. Result! Not that it's finished yet but it's had its first coat.


And then we went on a short walk along the lower golf course, saying hello to the hills


and admiring the dandelions, which I'm prepared to do as long as they're not in my garden,

and the lovely shiny buttercups, which for some reason won't turn in My Pictures at the moment


and the wild roses

and the green alkanet with the allotments beyond


and the ox-eye daisies. It's nearly beginning to feel like summer.

About two miles today.

4 comments:

  1. I remember your post about the bananas, with the picture of all 5 bunches. I think you talked to me about the dangers of the wall, so glad that's fixed. Your note from granddaughter is adorable! You have thoughtful children.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have done similarly with bananas - rather startling, to say the least. Beware the falsity of May - we could still have hard frosts and even snow, though that's unlikely here in the soft South.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. WHERE did that wall come from??? I have absolutely no memory of that wall. In my memory, your grass just runs straight out to the street. Are you sure you didn't just add that wall LOL???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Get A Blank ATM CARD And Cash Good Money/Funds Pay Your Debt directly today in any ATM machine around you anywhere in the world. contact cryptoatmhacker@gmail.com.. It's 100% guaranteed secure with no worries of being caught because the blank card it's already programmed and loaded with good funds in it, in such a way that's not traceable which also have a technique that makes it impossible for the CCTV to detect you, i am not a stupid man that i will come out to the public and start saying what someone have not done. For more info contact Mr john and also on how you are going to get your Card, Order yours today via Email: cryptoatmhacker@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete