Monday, March 12, 2012

Change...

Yesterday we went up north to visit Son's future in-laws and discuss the wedding. He is is the third and last of our children to get married.
We drove over the Forth Road Bridge. It makes a nasty clunking noise as you pass over the joins. It looks a long way down.
We passed the Lomond hills.
.
The in-laws are very nice but discussing one's children's wedding isn't the most relaxing thing to do. We were all trying to be very "Oh, whatever you think" about it.
.
Then we collected my brother at the airport on the way back.
.
Today the house agent phoned to say that my mum's flat sale has gone through and is now final. Hurray!
.
We have till May 4th to dispose of... quite a lot of things.

7 comments:

  1. Can't you send them off to Gretna Green? You could have a party afterwards.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope all goes well, and that they enjoy every minute of the planning, and their big day. My wedding day was one of the best days of my life. The support of my mom and my family meant so much to me. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Am in a similar dither over son's wedding plans which are getting huger by the minute, although mostly out of my hands thank goodness. So glad the sale has gone through. We got a skip when my parents' house had to be emptied very quickly. It was a bit barbaric.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Daughter and partner have been together for 8 years and we haven't met his parents -though they sound lovely.
    Good luck with the flat clearance.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I'm so sad to think of your Mum's gorgeous flat being dismantled. You've got a very busy few months coming up. I'm thinking by, oh, say August, you'll be ready for a vacation LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Was that the first time you'd met the future inlaws? I think it's great that you're being involved in the planning, often the girl's family runs it all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Many congratulations to you!

    ReplyDelete