Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Supple

This morning, when I left for Zumba, the cats were resting on the sofa. When I returned, they didn't appear to have moved.
.
Our Zumba teacher is svelte and lissom and very supple. Fair enough - she spends much of her life leaping around. I am not. But then, one hour a week probably isn't going to be enough to make me thus. (Indeed, I wasn't supple even when I was twelve.)
.
But the cats? They're svelte, lissom and extremely supple. And extremely lazy.
.
Where's the justice in that?
.
And then there's this lady.... http://vimeo.com/31733784

8 comments:

  1. I would like to be Maia when I grow up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for posting that video Isabelle -- I loved watching it -- very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing lady!

    Strangely, for once the catlets don't look completely comfy in this photo! Cassie looks like she might do a backwards roll off the sofa and Velvet Ted as if he's about to slide down the cushion on to her. I'm sure they are comfy really though - they always are.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It took an age to load but that video was worth it. I'd like to be this lively, if I make it to 95! Do you think we could introduce Maia to The Prince of Carpathia? Her positive attitude might be contagious....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your kitties (I agree - sleep all day = supple and strong?)... loved that video!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that video.....an inspiration to all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have a series of exercises to do every day, to keep my joints moving, but some days I'm just too lazy. That video has made me think seriously about doing my stretches EVERY day now.
    Further to your comment on my blog - black cats sure are the best!

    ReplyDelete