Saturday, March 10, 2012

Corny

I filled up the car with petrol yesterday and went to pay. The two girls behind the counter were chatting.
.
One said to the other, "Remember when I had a frozen shoulder and you diagnosed it?"
.
The other said, "Aye, and I've got no university degrees nor nothin'."
.
The middle-aged man who was paying the second girl for his petrol tried to be flirtatious: "I've got a corn. What would you suggest for that?"
.
She didn't look at him. She didn't pause for breath. She said, "Cook it."

5 comments:

  1. I always think of the witty comebacks after I've been home for half an hour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! That put HIM in his place :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Was she witty or witless?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm. "I've got a corn" doesn't sound very romantic to me. Poor guy needs a new pickup line....

    ReplyDelete