Saturday, November 12, 2011

Cramond in November

This afternoon Mr Life and I went for a little walk at Cramond, which is by the sea on the north west side of the city, about ten minutes from where we live. And we wondered, as we always do on such occasions, why we don't go there more often. We actually intended to set out earlier but got sidetracked. It had been a beautiful day and was still sunny and mild, but the sun was quite low - it sets early in Edinburgh in November.


Lots of other people were there too: cyclists, parents with children on little bikes, parents teaching their children to ride these little bikes, parents carrying the little bikes that their children no longer wished to ride, parents with children on scooters, people with dogs of all shapes and sizes. And a few older people like us.


Many of the trees are bare now. Winter can't be far off, which seems strange when it's so balmy.

This is new since the last time we walked along here.

In the distance is Cramond Island, that has a causeway over to it at low tide. People occasionally get stranded when the tide rises.


The clouds were pretty. In fact it was all much prettier to the eye, which could take in the panorama, than my photos suggest.



And then we came home. And I'd better post this quickly or it won't be Saturday any more.












5 comments:

  1. The Mof12:11 am

    Thanks for the memories. As a student in Edinburgh in the 60's I used to visit an aunt who lived in Cramond. I haven't been back there since those days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a delightfully normal thing to do on a Saturday afternoon---go for a walk with your husband....Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Isabelle, Great that you found me again! I only just started blogging again - more for myself than for others.

    Wonderful to see you are still blogging and that life is treating you well. I'll have to start reading back on what I've missed since I've been 'away'.

    Els

    ReplyDelete
  4. We don't always appreciate what is right on our doorstep do we? and just like going to the theatre we enjoy it when we do it and wonder why we don't do it more often!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved the trip around. You know you can cheat and backdate, or keep your time on USA Central? I'm just saying!

    ReplyDelete