Monday, May 21, 2012

Cassie the stop-out

This is Cassie Cat at the weekend, having a snooze on snoozing Son-in-Law 1's legs. What a gift it is to be able to relax with a clear conscience.

Which I can't do at the moment because it's 11.45 pm and she's not in for the night yet. Usually we shut the cat flap around six, but it was a beautiful day today (the first for some time) and I yielded to her indignant request to go out again once she'd had a snack at 6.30. I knew I'd regret it. And I'm regretting it. I expect that she's fine and will come in safe and sound in her own good time, but meanwhile I'm imagining her being chased by foxes and badgers.

PS - I switched off my computer, walked through to the living room and there she was, sitting on the footstool. "I wish you wouldn't worry," she said calmly. "I can look after myself."

11 comments:

  1. Look at those claws! And all that lovely strokeable fur.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Cassie - come in! You are giving your mum heart failure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Magnetically-controlled catflap. Saved our sanity when we lived in the country. Additional moments of high comedy when the little magnets on their collars get stuck to radiators and suchlike.

    ReplyDelete
  4. At least she isn't doing what our's used to do - sit on the high wall at the end of the garden and ignore all requests to come in!

    ReplyDelete
  5. They make us worry on purpose - just to prove how important they are to us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Desiree6:13 pm

    20 years ago, I had two cats living with me, one was out and the other was indoors. Finally at 23.00 hrs Karel showed up, I opened the door, let him in, and the other cat slipped outside! Oh no, it took me another hour to get him in.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Our cat has taken to staying out in protest at our disgraceful willingness to let strange men come into the house, tear out showers and use hammers and power tools. I have had to just relax and not worry too much. His stomach drags him back eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh but I love that sofa shot. It makes me giggle even today, days later....
    Cats are what cats will be. Ever independent and ever hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL!! I just love that photo! What is it about cats that they seem to know how to strike the perfect pose for photos? And what is it about cats that they MUST go out at night. If we let them. Our Tiger will be outside all day, but comes inside late afternoon to see if I've put his tea out. After his tea he wants to go out again, and meows piteously for 15 minutes because we won't let him out. Then he curls up somewhere and goes to sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I remember your habits Cassie!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Isabelle there is a cat called Henri (I think he is Canadian) whom Cassie and Sirius might like to watch - here are two videos of him:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0M7ibPk37_U

    and

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q34z5dCmC4M

    ReplyDelete