Tuesday, May 15, 2012

When I get older...

I have never been much of a fan of pop music, but quite liked the Beatles in my youth and used to sing along to songs such as "When I'm sixty four". Of course, I was never personally going to be sixty four. And indeed I'm not there yet, but Mr Life achieved this age yesterday. Very astonishing. I do still need and feed him and he is handy from time to time - mending a fuse and other such activities.


Grandson, Daughter 1 and SIL 1 helped us to celebrate. Goodness, the boy does manage to scatter his toys over a wide area.


We gave him a phone that doesn't work. He was pleased to add it to his toy collection. What a jolly chap he is - very cheering.

Someone on the radio this morning said that Greece's economic situation is like a man teetering on the edge of a cliff - and that the rest of Europe isn't far behind Greece. Let's hope that someone knows what to do about this. So far it's not looking terribly like it.

9 comments:

  1. Prince Charming has a vast array of climbing rope. We'll all belay ourselves safely down. Or tie up to the nearest tree. Do you know the French movie La Haine- catch-phrase "Jusqu'ici, tout va bien". Lover that line. Love that movie! You do seem to have beautifully immaculate home. This is, for one who is spending the whole week cleaning the whole house and who is consequently reacquainting herself with corners of rooms she had quite forgotten, impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to Mr Life. When we first heard that song we could never imagine being sixty could we, let alone sixty four....?

    Lovely Grandson is sitting very straight and tall now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's MY theme song for this year! Mr. Life beat me to it by a couple of weeks! Not that I wanted to win THAT race.... He looks very pleased with himself so you must be needing and feeding him still, even if he is now more ancient than any of us ever imagined we'd be!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday to Mr. Life. My cousin just got married this past weekend to a boy she knew from high school. They are both in their late 50's. They played "Will you still need me when I'm 64?" as they walked down the aisle after the ceremony. It was so cute, and a very nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Many Happy Returns, Mr Life. Goodness knows what will have happened in the four and a bit years until I'm sixtyfour, the last four have been fairly eventful worldwide let alone here at home!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Penblwydd Hapus Mr Life!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday to Mr. Life - it looks like he had a very nice time. You have quite a rush of birthdays in May, don't you?

    I do love those little shoes Lovely Grandson is wearing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy belated birthday to Mr. Life.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Belated Happy Birthday Wishes Mr. Life. Those are very flash tall candles you have there.
    Remember it is just a number.
    It is however a bit worrying when I found out I am several years older than Mr.Lfe and Mrs. Life and Molly too.

    ReplyDelete