Thursday, March 10, 2011
I left work early today to go home and tackle the marking mountain. First, I popped into the supermarket to buy Dreamies, the cats’ rather expensive little treats. I’d been to the other supermarket yesterday and there were none. Shock! Horror! I don’t know what’s in Dreamies but the cats adore them.
I also needed fruit.
However, since the alternative was to go home and do my marking, I had a little wander round the supermarket after buying the fruit and the Dreamies. It was earlier than usual so I felt relaxed, which I wouldn’t be once I’d started the marking.
So by the time I left the supermarket, I’d bought:
1) A plastic mini-greenhouse – only £20! What a bargain, and I’ll really use it if the weather ever improves (it’s very cold and windy today and the mini-greenhouse would blow away).
2) Two lamps – because one of the dining room lamps has gone phut and I don’t want two non-matching ones, do I?
3) Bubble bath – because a bubbly bath is essential at the end of a long day.
4) A plastic colander to replace the one I melted the other week. (The saucepan that I melted it into wasn’t improved, either.)
5) A packet of mung beans, for sprouting. Protein, you know.
6) A set of three ducks for the bath. I hope that the expected grandson will like them. Or is this hopelessly old-fashioned? Will he want a waterproof computer game?
7) Letter trays and a magazine holder for my desk, which is constantly trying to become chaotic.
8) Loo rolls, for obvious reasons
9) Two bunches of daffodils because it's spring (brr!) and they were half price
Total cost: £61.42.
I told you that Dreamies were expensive.
And I clearly had to share all this with you before starting my marking. But I'm off to begin it now... though I might have to make some soup first. It really is very cold here.