Monday, June 08, 2020

Lockdown week 12 - Monday


In the interests of historical accuracy (not that it matters) - most of these photos are from Saturday's walk, when we wandered round the school that I went to.



Here's Mr L sitting on a planter which is full of weeds, tut tut, outside the basement of the old house...


and here am I, with my friend Pam, sitting on the same planter on the very last day of school in 1968. I'm the one on the left. My leg isn't really shiny - it's just the reflection in the picture I took of the (very blurry) photo. I'm holding a black cat. We never saw any cats normally at school - it was just wandering past. And the planter was full of roses. It doesn't seem that long ago but it was nearly 52 years. I wonder what that girl in the photo would have thought of my life now? 

My friend Pam married a chap who got knighted, so she's now Lady M! 


And then we walked through Ravelston Woods and on to the main road,


and then down to the cycle/walk track, one of the many former railway lines around here. We'd never noticed the windmill before. I wonder why it's there.



It was a pleasant walk.


And then we came up to the road again and home - 2 and three-quarter miles.


Today we went to Daughter 2's Edinburgh flat to interview a plumber re getting in a new bathroom, and walked home again.


The town was quite quiet. 3.8 miles today.

1 comment:

  1. That is SO quiet. I can't quite believe that there are few cars and no people. (but that's a good thing) What a wonderful picture of the two Pams! The black cat reminds me of my Mari.

    ReplyDelete