Tuesday, May 05, 2020

Lockdown week 7 - Tuesday


We managed to get a supermarket delivery slot for this morning. It's not that we're incapable of walking but Daughter 1 and SIL 1 have our car at the moment, so for a big shop, we need a delivery. Possibly we should have been more careful, however, when trying to order 5 bananas. Ooops.


We were so delighted to get letters this morning from Big Grandson (8) and Big Granddaughter (7). We love and miss them too!



It was another beautiful day to walk on Murrayfield Golf Course. The gorse is still flowering, and at the stage when it nearly knocks one over with its vanilla-y scent.


There's lots of red campion - very pretty.


I never tire of this view. Can you see the Castle, built on its rock at the left end of the hill? You can see why they chose this position, to get a good view of the approaching enemy.


Another photo of what I now know is green alkanet, though frankly I'd have called it blue alkanet. It's a wonderful true blue, though a pesky weed to have in the garden. Not that I do have it, because I pounce on it the minute I see it.


Who needs the Mediterranean? Though the North Sea is rather colder... .

Three and a half miles today. Then we came home and I cut out and machined on the binding of Little Grandson's quilt. I always think that this will take an hour or so. Ha ha. It's not my favourite bit of quilt making. Today, I had a little bit of a struggle with it because it bunched up at one point and I had to unpick it to the corner and speak severely to it. However, I won. I've just got to hand sew the back of the binding and it'll be finished. Then I'll go back to the quilting of the first quilt for my friend.

And so life whizzes on, the seventh or in most cases the eighth week since we saw our lovely grandchildren. Not to say our lovely children.

5 comments:

  1. That flower does look blue. The views on your walks are astounding! That's a lot of bananas. What are you going to do? Can bananas be frozen? (I know the skins will turn black, but will the bananas be OK?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny story about the bananas...Today I had the opposite happen...somehow I got 2 carrots when I wanted 2kg or 1.5 actually. Everything else was okay in my order. We ordered on line then drove and collected it.
    We in NZ are allowed to extend our Bubbles ( contact ) to one other house hold so I have been visited by my Grandsons. The little fellow remembers who we are and where all our "things and toys"are. He is saying quite a lot more words now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My last delivery had 4 kilos of apples and so far I've discovered they go with almost everything except tinned tomatoes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What will you do with those bananas! I accidentally ordered a peck and a half of apples from our farmers market. They will last longer but I have to do something special with some of them! So sorry you cannot see your grandchildren in person, but this will not last forever...What sweet notes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun that the grandchildren sent you some letters! And I'm seeing some banana bread in your future???

    ReplyDelete