Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Lockdown week 8 - Wednesday


The only trouble about going for long walks is that we don't feel very inclined to do anything majorly productive - well, apart from quilting, obviously - for the rest of the day. So today we just went for a short walk and then I tidied up some of the drifts of things that have accumulated - no visitors, so less incentive to tidy. Mainly these drifts are quilting-related. The spare room bed is now clear of fabric and associated articles and theoretically I could get back to my archive-sorting, which uses the bed to organise things. But I'm not sure that I feel emotionally strong enough for that. We'll see. Anyway, today we just walked up the road, lifting our eyes to the hills, and along the old railway, which is our standard walk in normal times when we don't have time for anything more ambitious.



It was yet another beautiful day - not so warm as recently, but very pleasant in the sun.


The path runs above Carrick Knowe golf course. Cow parsley, smooth grass, trees and hills - very soothing to look at.



I stuck my nose through the allotment gates.


Scotmid Coop has all sorts of unusual notices at the entrance.


Small Grandson's quilt has arrived at his house. I enjoyed making this - it was easy to put together, with very little in the way of corners to fit together, and I do like a stripey border. We hardly know him but of course I love him so much. I long to see him again, and his sister and cousins.



Today was a bit hard, somehow. And tomorrow is Mr L's birthday. Difficult to think of anything terribly celebratory to do. Ah well. Could be a lot worse.

7 comments:

  1. Big hugs, Mum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely quilt! Be well. Still fill your days with the beauty of the natural world all around you. We are all really lucky to have zoom and facetime, etc. Happy Birthday to Mr. Life...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday from a Welsh reader, Mr Life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That quilt is gorgeous! I loved Scotland's green and all the trees. I find that kind of landscape very soothing, probably because I love in a very green and tree filled place. Some days are definitely harder than others. I will struggle once my grandchild is born, knowing that I won't be back there to help out. Happy Birthday to Mr. L!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the lovely walk, and Happy Birthday, Mr. L., from Kentucky, U.S.A., where the Kentucky Derby has been postponed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's BEAUTIFUL Pam! I love the Blue (Obviously) and the bright happy prints. And of course the hearts and embroidery -- the best touches from Granny. I didn't think it would be done so soon -- that was quick. Bravo!!!

    ReplyDelete