Saturday, May 23, 2020

Lockdown week 9 - Saturday


It was blowing a hoolie today so we decided not to go up the hill, but along the river instead, where it was more sheltered.


There were surprisingly few people around. I think some may have chickened out because of the wind.


 It was pleasant, though, and intermittently sunny.


This dog didn't seem impressed by Antony Gormley, in statue form, standing in the river.

Look at all the blossom and leaves blown down into the water.


Then we went up the steps to the Gallery of Modern Art, where often (but alas not today) we stop for a nice cup of coffee.


Some of the art is outside. It's not really our sort of thing... .


A Henry Moore. She looks most uncomfortable, I feel.


It's interesting, I suppose.


Is this supposed to be a face?


And then we walked home along the road, dodging the leaves and twigs blowing around the place.

This afternoon I pieced together the backing of the second shirt quilt and pinned it. I'm always amazed how long this takes. Tomorrow I'll start quilting it. I'm someone who normally makes two quilts a year but I'll have finished three this year by, probably, June. This will never happen again - or at least, let's hope it won't, since it would take another lockdown. I'm glad I got plenty of quilting supplies the very day before everything closed down.

And then I really must get back to doing the archives, most of which are sitting in boxes and piles in a spare bedroom. This will not do!

4 comments:

  1. That's not my sort of art either! What is blowing a hoolie? A strong wind? It's supposed to be 30/31 degrees C later this week which is going to be way too hot for me. I may need to drag out my portable A/C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m going to drop hoolie into a conversation and see if anyone notices! It’s a great word

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blowing a hoolie! Wasn't it? We had a tent up for the "BB Camp". I lasted to 2am on Friday night and then was still so wide awake from the noise of the gale that I came in, made tea and toast,hung up washing (inside) I'd forgotten about earlier, and crawled into my bed! I love that statue.

    ReplyDelete