Friday, July 17, 2020

Lockdownish week 17 - Friday - mainly starring Mr Life


We haven't been doing anything interesting over the past few days because we've been down at Daughter 2's Edinburgh flat, where Mr L has been slaving away painting the bathroom and the insides of built-in wardrobes. Having established that getting a video made of the flat for sales purposes would cost £500, Daughter 2 and her husband decided that Mr L should just make one - which he was quite willing to do. Then SIL 2, who is a chap who really really likes a gadget, decided that to do a professional job, Mr L needed a very complicated gimbal, which is, just in case you didn't know, a device for keeping the camera level. So they ordered one and we picked it up, and then Mr L spent quite a long time watching the instructional video and trying it out. (SIL 2 does a lot of video editing professionally and so will use it himself in the future.)


There hasn't been so much for me to do, but I've been giving the windows another clean - good, aren't they? - and generally acting as soother when various minor problems arose (now largely sorted).

The photographer comes on Monday, so it all has to be finished by then.


The bathroom painting is progressing.



Today was Big Grandson's 9th birthday. He's been SO excited because he'd asked for more Brio, and indeed got it. He has so much now - he keeps it at our house - that we have nowhere to put it except in big plastic crates in our sitting room. But - he won't be 9 forever, so we don't mind. His English grandparents are up visiting and we all had birthday tea together, which was lovely and made things feel almost normal. But we missed Auntie Daughter 2 very much. 

Daughter 1 made his cake. It's a Victoria line 2009 stock tube train. I'm told. 


I've been doing some cutting for my African fabrics quilt. It's very very bright. Very very very bright.

6 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday N. I remember the day you were born.
    ( so glad we had that trip back when the world was a relatively safe place to get around...might be a very long time before that is the case again. )
    The cake is so impressive. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. John's drone has a gimbal which is the only reason I recognize that word. I want nothing to do with gadgets; I manage to foul them up every time! The flat is looking great. What a whole lot of work though. Painting, especially in closets, is painful on the neck, shoulders and arms. Mr. L is so tall too! The cake is amazing(well-done, Daughter 1!) and the best of 9th birthdays to Oldest Grandson! He's such a bright and engaging young man.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very very very bright is exactly what we need!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Happy Birthday to Oldest Grandson!!! His cake looks amazing -- very clever Daughter 1! Also, I really like the looks of the quilt -- adding some solids was a great idea! (And now I'll exit with no more exclamation points ;-). )

    ReplyDelete
  5. My son had a gimbal for his drone...Maybe for the Go-Pro camera he uses with it. Happy Birthday for your Oldest Grandson! He's growing up fast and surrounded by people who really love him! I like those really really bright fabrics. They feel quite exuberant.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Pam!
    I had written a massive missive, hit PREVIEW and it disappeared.... Oh, well.
    I have just updated my own blog and came over to catch up with you. So many lovely posts to catch up on. I wish I had such beautiful places to walk! We have all had such an interesting time with this Covid thing, have we not? You have been deprived of time with your grandchildren, and I have had mine all day, most days. I've had just the opposite of boredom and isolation! Things are better here now and things are opening up. however there are very silly people out there that think the rules are just suggestions and don't apply to THEM. Our numbers go up within 2 weeks of every holiday, but still they refuse to follow Guidelines! I wear a mask anytime I go into a public building, or even in congested outdoor spaces. Others don't. But such is human nature... to resist. I just hope those who follow the rules get out of this on the plus side!
    Blessings to you and yours...

    ReplyDelete