Sunday, December 29, 2013

Next stop, the Golden?


Thank you very much, kind commenters, for your anniversary wishes. We are fortunate to have found each other and to enjoy each other's company still. Considering that I was only 16 when I first thought seriously about Mr L, I'm glad that I had such good taste... or maybe it was just luck. It's now just over 46 years since our first date. (Amazing, since we're only about 30 now - aren't we???). There was a pretty cake.


There were beautiful flowers - red roses as in my wedding bouquet.


And relevant confetti on the tables.


And a lovely room with a view over the city. And, more importantly, our extremely nice extended family, some of whom got there by trying journeys in much delayed trains, or a car battling through driving rain. Thank you all so much for laying it on and then coming!


6 comments:

  1. Congratulations! A beautiful ring, a lovely cake, and family and friends to help you celebrate......and a nice bloke. What more could a woman want?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! I should have read your post before I e-mailed you. It looks like it was a lovely party -- I'm so happy everyone made it. Here's to 40 MORE years -- when you'll be 70! ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such glad tidings and happy celebrations of a loving marriage warm the cockles of many hearts, both close and distant. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My cockles are definitely toasty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous12:58 am

    Ooh! What a lovely note to end my catch up of a whole month of bloggy goodness! I hope you had a wonderful time at your party - many, many congratulations! And the quilt! How pretty is that!

    Thankfully my period of 'Life' -lessness is over, having invested in a brand new computer, so I'm looking forward to enjoying my essential before bed reads in peace again.

    Here's to many more - posts, quilts and anniversaries!

    Clarissa x

    ReplyDelete
  6. best wishes to both of you!!!

    i'm not sure what cockles are, but with the weather outside, i am thinking that mine are maybe NOT so toasty...

    ReplyDelete