Friday, December 28, 2012

Pudding


Tomorrow my brother and sister-in-law and nephew and niece go home. Sniff.

We ate the last of the Christmas pudding tonight. "Eat up the brandy butter," I encouraged my nephew. "It might not be very healthy but... ."

"Oh, it must have the three major food groups," he declared. "Um... fats, sugars and - brandy."

We then watched The Muppet Movie. It was good.

And now I must go because Daughter 1, SIL 1 and Grandson are down in Worcester with Nanny and Gramps, the other grandparents, which means that their guinea pigs are with us, and since all the spare rooms are full of relations, the guinea pigs are in the study. The study is small, their run is large and there's no room for my desk chair so I'm down on one knee typing this, which isn't very comfortable.

4 comments:

  1. I dread the thought of how many of the "important" food groups I've consumed today!!

    You sound like you've had a good Christmas but hope you get your desk back soon!

    Lesley xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always make me smile and laugh Dear Isabelle! I've thoroughly enjoyed catching up on all your posts for the last week -- it sounds as if you've had a lovely Christmas! We had 12 here for just 2 days -- you must be exhausted at almost a dozen for even longer. I do hope you're all over your colds. But, that there aren't any young blondes on the scene!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The picture with this post makes that room look so very inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been using the "food groups" reasoning as well - a glass of red wine with lunch (iron, anti-oxidants) , fruit compote (with a touch of brandy) over amaretti (nuts) and cream (dairy).
    Isn't this what Christmas food is meant to be?

    ReplyDelete