Wednesday, April 08, 2020

Lockdown week 3 - Wednesday


Every day is similar. Not unpleasant; quite pleasant really, if it were just one day.  At first I decided to sit in the garden for a little while to read my copy of "The Oldie" magazine, which is usually quite interesting and amusing. See above.


It was beautiful outside and the flowers gave a comforting feeling of normality in a very abnormal world.


This is brunnera, or perennial forget-me-not. I don't know if it's actually any relation of annual forget-me-not, but the flowers are very similar. My younger aunt gave me this, years ago. She had a three-acre garden, and I've spent lots of time getting rid of things that she gave me and I innocently planted. You should never accept plants from people who say, "Oh, this does so well - I've got lots of it. Do have some" - unless you too have three acres. However, this doesn't spread too much, though it does seed itself a bit. And it's lovely and flowers for ages.


Clematis.


Polyanthus and hyacinths.


More polyanthus.


Our walk today was only to the supermarket. It's not a very interesting route, but we went along the river for a bit.


There was a queue, with young people in high viz jackets patrolling it, but it moved fairly fast. Only one from each family was allowed inside. Most things were there - lots of toilet paper (though I didn't buy any) but no flour. Who are all these people frantically baking? Parents of small children, I suppose. We're going to have a generation of bakers in the future.


And then home again, somewhat burdened.



We're lucky that this thing is happening to us in spring. I hope it's not still happening in autumn.

I so miss the grandchildren, not to say their parents.

But I've started cutting out the next quilt, and quilting the completed top. Thank goodness for quilting. It gives me the illusion of progress.

Fourteen years ago, Daughter 1 and Son-in-Law 1 got married. I started my blog earlier that year, so it's a mid-teenager now. This is the strangest anniversary they've ever had.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you started your blog. I too started in 2006.
    Love your flowers. I am still laughing at The Angry Raisins!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I started 17 or 18 years ago, so my blog is almost out of its teenage years. :) I miss so much and so many people right now. Your flowers are gorgeous. I only have tulips at the moment; I'm hoping that I'll be able to get some annuals in May. Perhaps the nursery delivers?

    ReplyDelete