Saturday, April 11, 2020

Lockdown week 3 - Saturday


The garden's really looking springlike now. I paused to admire it as we set out for our walk.



We went along Ravelston Dykes. Mr L is growing a coronavirus beard. I'm not sure why. Partly because we're not seeing anyone, so the scruffy stage doesn't matter, I think. Maybe partly also as a sort of end goal? - once the lockdown ends, so will the beard? (Will it?) It's kind of also why I'm blogging every day. Get yourself sorted out, world, or if you don't, I'll bombard you with blog posts! We're both also suffering from lockdown hair. We were both going to get it cut just before this all happened. I think I may have to take action on his before he starts looking like Gandalf.


We passed over the former railway line where we walked the other day


and turned down on to Queensferry Road, where there's a good view of Fettes, Tony Blair's old school. It's an amazing building.



As is this, which is the boys' and the junior part of the school at the other end of Ravelston Dykes, the one incorporating the old Ravelston House, built in the 18th century. Our son went here - as did our daughters in their junior years. They don't build them like that any more.


Then we turned off the main road again


and down to the river.


It's very quiet and leafy here.


It's hard to believe that the city centre is half a mile away.


The traffic roars over the Belford Bridge. Well, normally it does. Not today.


We came down these steps the other day but thankfully didn't have to go up them today.


We just ambled along, stopping for a while to look at the heron. Do you see him (or maybe her)? About a quarter of the way up the photo from the words "stopping for a while" - on my screen, anyway. Beside that little pool.


And then back down to the main road and home. I like this chalking on the pavement.

4.63 miles today, according to Mr L's clever device.

6 comments:

  1. Keep the blog posts coming, I love the views shown on your walks. So different to my much shorter walks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your garden is looking so bright with those Pieris tips. Mauve and lime is always a great combination of colours.
    Happy Easter to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know who Gandalf is! I'm impressed, Mum!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I look forward to your blog posts! I think Mr. L looks good with a beard. My hair (the Grieve in me) is out of control and will continue to go crazy. I love the flowers in your garden and that school looks like a castle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I want the virus to stop but not your blog posts! Your garden is looking lovely! Your walks are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah Look! Waving to cute Mr L! Your garden is so beautiful in the spring (well, all seasons really!) Thank you for pointing out the heron -- I was struggling to find him, although now, he seems so obsvious!

    ReplyDelete