Friday, April 10, 2020

Lockdown week 3 - Friday


I don't know whether these pictures of walks taken from our house are too thrilling for you? No, didn't think so. Today we went back to the golf course for the peace and open spaces. More people have taken to walking there, but still not many, considering the huge area.

For example, you can see a couple of them there. It's not a problem staying six feet away from anyone.


We made for this little crossroads. 


It rather fascinates me, because you can so easily imagine what it was like a couple of hundred years ago. I imagine the little roads were there, but muddier, and the walls too; but the golf courses would be fields, or maybe just hillsides.



Whenever I see the bunkers, I think what fun they would be for the grandchildren to play in with their buckets and spades.



We're walking three or more miles every day. We usually walk in normal life, but not consistently as far daily. You'd think we'd be getting thinner. You'd be wrong.


And then we came home and watched a bit of television and, in my case, did some quilting. It's a pleasant enough life and much more restful than the ones our children are leading. But then, we were very busy when we were their ages. I was horrendously busy. 

I'd much rather have them here so that we could share the grandchildren's activities with them and be some help to them. This life does make me feel supremely useless, but the quilting helps. Thank goodness for it. Thank Thimbleanna for it!

What a strange, sad time this is for everyone. But the only thing is: I'm really going to miss our golf course walks once this is all over, it opens up again to golfers and we're banished!



5 comments:

  1. I really enjoy reading about these walks of yours. I'm fascinated that you, in a city, have more pleasant routes there than we seem to have in a market town in West Wales.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I personally find great peace seeing and hearing about your walks. It reminds me that life is normal in some ways.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky you to be physically able to walk and have such good places so close to home where you can walk! But I understand how you miss your grandchildren. I miss mine....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm very much enjoying reading your walking updates. My own walks these Covid-19 days are at night (I'm responsible for the last dog walk of the day) so they're just restricted to the pavements around our house. I pass trees and the odd clump of daffs but I do miss seeing wide open spaces. In daylight! Happy Easter to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  5. See? Everyone loves reading about your walks!!! And you're welcome for the quilting -- Thank YOU for joining in -- it's just a wee bit addicting, isn't it? I love the look of those tumblers being quilted!

    ReplyDelete