Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Lockdown week 5 - Wednesday


And so the days pass, perfectly pleasantly as individual days, but so uselessly. We went on the golf course again - so, the same sort of photos as ever. It's lovely to walk there and I shall so much grudge giving it up to the golfers once this is all over. However, there will be compensations, such as seeing the family again!


Look! The gates were open because the greenkeepers were mowing the grass. We considered going through them but had already decided to stay on this half of the course, so stuck to our plan. (Not that it was much of a plan... .)


It's so soothing to look at long vistas.


I'm missing the sea a lot, but hills are a compensation. I always think: well, they'll still be there long after we and all of our small sadnesses and disappointments are long forgotten.


That familiar skyline. I'm not a fan of high-rise buildings.

Almost three miles today. Maybe we'll go further tomorrow.

The big excitement of the day was the arrival of a supermarket delivery from Tesco. (Never thought I'd say that.) We booked it on the 4th and this was the first available slot. I felt a bit guilty because we're not exactly old and frail, but on the other hand Daughter 1 and her husband have our car so that they can get their more substantial shopping. And Daughter 2 has forbidden us to go on the bus to Tesco - which would be easy enough, but I suppose slightly risky, in that there are a lot of other people there - not on the bus but in the store. SIL 1 would bring us stuff if we asked him but now we're quite well provided for a while. Which is just as well, since I've tried a few times but there are no available future slots, from Tesco anyway.

The children keep in touch with lots of WhatsApps. Biggest Granddaughter (7) got her mum to take a photo of her and said, "Send this to everybody and they'll believe how great adventures a girl with a heart full of love and adventure can have." She's a hoot. Daughter 1 says that she's full of little pep talks such as, "Just try, Mummy! Every success starts as a failure!"

I wonder what we'll do tomorrow... . Oh yes, much the same as today. It's all very lovely and easy but I wish we could all be together. At least Mr L and I are very lucky to have each other.

3 comments:

  1. You are very lucky to have each other, and such glorious views! You're making the best of this time; hope you can see the family soon. Or at least soonish. I'm wishing for the same!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohmygosh -- Eldest Granddaughter is so cute -- so full of wisdom for such a small girl. You'll have to tell her that her Mum forgot to send me the picture. (She DID say EVERYone LOL!) TheSecondChild and I have mapped out a long-ish walk and I'm thinking I might have to take pictures just for you. But we need it to warm up a bit as it's been pretty chilly here. Maybe next week ....

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so so lucky to have each other and live in one of the best cities in the world. Perhaps the best one. Oh, your oldest granddaughter is amazing!

    ReplyDelete